Thursday, March 10, 2011

Homemade Funfetti Cupcakes and Fudge


Do you ever feel like you need a little more fun in your life?

Sometimes while stalking browsing facebook, I get to some pages and think, "Man, they look like they are having so much fun!"

Then I start wondering about what they do, how do they manage to have so much fun all the time? where do they work? how do they get all that vacation time? can I get a job there? do they go to work every Monday morning exhausted? how do they save any money? Why does it seem like they're having so much more fun than me?

Do you ever wonder if people are looking at your life and asking those questions?

Now don't get me wrong.. I have fun. It's true..ask my friends..I'm generally a fun person.

 Does this look like the face of someone NOT having fun?

Every now and again I get stuck in a rut though (that's normal right?)...stuck in the day to day routine of work and don't get enough play and just feel like I need a little more fun in my life.

When it comes to baking, nothing says fun like funfetti cake.. I mean, it's in the name for goodness sake.

Of course, now that I have a blog, I feel like I'll be judged for using a boxed cake so when I found this recipe on ReFresh for Homemade Funfetti Cupcakes I just had to try them out...sadly Kori stopped posting and her site no longer exists, but luckily I got this recipe before she took it down.


Homemade Funfetti Cupcakes
Recipe from ReFresh
Oven: 350 Bake time: 15-20 minutes
Makes 12 cupcakes

1 1/4 cup AP flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup sugar
6 TBS butter, softened
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup whole milk
3-4 TBS rainbow sprinkles

Preheat oven to 350 and line cupcake pan with liners.
In a large bowl, sift flour, baking powder and salt.
In large bowl, beat sugar and butter until light and fluffy.
Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in vanilla.
Gradually add flour mixture, alternating with milk, beginning and ending with flour.
Fold in sprinkles.
Using an ice cream scoop, fill each cupcake liner with one heaping scoop.
Transfer to oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
All to cool slightly before removing from pan.
Frost with your favorite buttercream.

But we're not done having fun yet!!

Funfetti Fudge anyone?

Liz is a genius..if you haven't stopped by her blog Little Bitty Bakes you just have to go see what she's up to.. and I can't wait for the guest post I'm doing for her later this month!


Funfetti Fudge
recipe from Liz with a few alterations
Fills an 8x8 pan

1 can condensed milk
2 cups white chocolate chips
1/4 plus 1 TBS funfetti cake mix (yes, I had a box of cake mix when i made the homemade ones)
sprinkles

Line baking pan with parchment paper. Sprinkle bottom of pan with powdered sugar and set aside.
In a small sauce pan, stir chocolate chips and condensed milk over low heat until smooth.
Stir in cake mix, some extra sprinkles and spread into pan.
Place pan in fridge and allow to cool for about an hour.
Once fudge has chilled, use a small spoon or mini ice cream scoop and form into little balls and return to fridge for about 30 minutes.

Do you ever feel like you need a little more fun in your life?
Happy Baking!