Saturday, August 28, 2010

Quick&Easy Cinnamon Bread

While Mountain Man was busy whipping up scrambled eggs, bacon and fried mashed potato fritters, I quickly threw together a Cinnamon Bread that I found in the Allrecipes Tried and True Favorites: top 300 recipes. It was somewhat on a whim, but proved a nice addition to the hearty breakfast we would be having.

I'll be keeping this post short and sweet because MM and I have a lot to do this afternoon.. We recently found a house to rent (that just happens to be on the lake!) and although we're not moving in until October, we have a lot of furniture shopping to do. Plus it's the weekend so I don't want to hold you up reading a post when you should be enjoying your time off.

Oh and for those of you on Twitter you can now stay up to date with recipes and little tweets by me :) follow me @sweetebakes. Shoot me a hello, give me a shout out, whatever you do...I'd love to hear from you!

And HAPPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!! 
Can't wait to see you next weekend :)

Cinnamon Bread
Oven: 350 Bake time: 50 minutes
Yields 1 loaf

2 cups AP flour
1 cup white sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp cinnamon
2 eggs
1 cup buttermilk
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 oil
2 TBS sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1 TBS butter

Preheat oven to 350. Spray loaf pan with cooking spray and set aside.
In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, eggs, buttermilk, extract and oil. Beat/whisk together for about 2 minutes.
Pour batter into prepared pan and smooth top.
In a small bowl combine sugar and cinnamon and cut in butter using knife and fork until mixture is crumbly.
Sprinkle cinnamon mixture on top of batter. Use a knife and cut in a swirling motion, giving in a marble effect.
Place in oven and bake for 50 minutes- Test with toothpick.
Allow to cool for a few minutes before removing loaf from pan.


Have a great weekend
and
Happy Baking!!